The Staff Immigration Team are required under OISC regulations to keep all records copies of correspondence, application forms and other documents relating to your case for at least six years following the conclusion of your case/sponsorship. After this six year period the Staff Immigration Team will destroy all physical records and delete all electronic records unless we are satisfied that there is a good reason for retaining them.
We act in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation to ensure that your personal information is:
- processed fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner;
- used only for limited, specified stated purposes and not used or disclosed in any way incompatible with those purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary;
- accurate and, where necessary, up-to-date;
- not kept for longer than necessary; and
- kept safe and secure.
We will not pass your personal information to external organisations except:
- Where we have your written consent
- Where we are required to do so under the terms of our Home Office sponsor licence
- Where we are doing so in the course of providing immigration services to you
- Where we are required to do so by law
- Where we believe you or others may be in danger
The records we hold may be viewed at any time by external organisations such as auditors, the Home Office and the OISC. All records are held securely in compliance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation and OISC regulations. More information on how long records for University employees are held is found on the HR Support webpage on Retention periods for University personnel records.