A new route for recent graduates of top global universities outside the UK (similar to the Graduate student route in the UK), was launched on 30 May 2022. The route is for those who want to work, or look for work in the UK, following the successful completion of an eligible course of study equivalent to UK bachelor’s degree level or above. The study must have been with an institution listed on the Global Universities List
This visa gives the applicant permission to stay in the UK for 2 years if they been awarded an undergraduate or Master’s degree, or 3 years if they have a PhD. To apply, the applicant must have been awarded a qualification by an eligible university in the last 5 years.
- The qualification must be verified by Ecctis, which currently costs £210, (£252 if applying within the UK).
- You will need to prove your knowledge of English
- You will also need to prove that you have enough savings to support yourself in the UK. The requirement is evidence that you have held minimum of £1,270 of funding in a bank account for at least 28 days.
- TB test may be required, dependant on country of residence.
- ATAS may be required if route used for study. You are only able to study with an HPI visa if your chosen course is not eligible for a student visa. ATAS is not required for research or work under this route.
- The application cost is £715 and IHS fees of £624 per annum.
An applicant does not require a prior job offer to qualify and will be permitted to work in the UK without the need for a sponsor. Dependent partners and children can apply on this route, as set out in the Dependants guidance. High Potential Individual is not a route to settlement in the UK.
Further details can be found on the UKVI website