From tomorrow, Thursday 10th June, there are only 20 days left until the deadline of 30 June 2021 for applications to be made through the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS). Please could departments, faculties and colleges remind their EU, EEA and Swiss employees that:
- They and their family members who were resident in the UK by 31 December 2020 should, unless they have already done so, apply without delay here so that they can continue to work, study, and access free healthcare and benefits in the UK after 30 June 2021.
- An application must be made for every eligible child within a family. Parents should check if they need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme for their children, even if they have already applied and been granted a status themselves.
- If an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and their family members have lived in the UK for many years or have a permanent residence document or EEA Biometric Residence Card (BRC), they still need to apply to the EUSS to swap this for Settled status by 30 June 2021 to secure their existing rights in the UK.
- An application for British citizenship which has not yet been decided cannot be relied on to show status in the UK, so those who have applied but not yet been granted citizenship, for themselves or their children, should also apply for Pre-Settled or Settled status before the 30 June deadline, if they have not already.
- Irish citizens and those with indefinite leave do not need to apply but may do so if they wish.
More information and links on the EU Settlement Scheme are available here
Please let your staff know that the Staff Immigration Team will be happy to help if any EU/EEA staff have any questions and issues, they should email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org